I have 10 years experience managing a team of programmers and inspection personal with 3 years utilizing PC-DMIS in a production environment. In addition to managing the inspection and programming teams I provided support of customization and automation using various programming tools including PC-DMIS Basic Scripting and VB.Net. In addition I also have experience managing the successful implementation of new CMM equipment and transition from a legacy programming tool to PC-DMIS.
I provide programming services to companies with a need for automation or customization but cannot justify the overhead of a full time programmer. My experience developing multiple automation and customization tools provides a strong baseline for providing solutions beneficial to just about any organization. My experience with PC-DMIS Automation, CAD customization, Excel VBA and stand-along application development gives me a strong baseline for providing complete solutions.
Scripting/Automation: I have experience with Basic Script and VBA.Net to automate PC-DMIS. Examples of programs I have developed include:
- Customized reporting.
- Post run alignment adjustments to facilitate “what if” scenarios.
- CMM Run log generator and evaluation tools.
- Automate transfer of inspection points, features and dimensions from legacy inspection program to PC-DMIS.
- Automated backup of part-lot inspections.
Implementation: I have managed the process of implementing PC-DMIS for a changeover from a different software platform.
- Evaluate needs including software and hardware.
- Prepare formal implementation plan and proposal for changeover.
- Resource requirements
- Planned and implemented training.
- Assisted coordination of equipment arrival.
- Provided technical support for changeover.
- Prepared milestones for program changeover.
- Managed and maintained schedules for changeover.